Marvin Stark was born in Halle (Saale), Germany in 1999. He began his studies at an early age at the „Georg Friedrich Händel“ conservatory. In 2014, he began his studies with Prof. Erich Wolfgang Krüger and Prof. Ditte Leser at the University of Music „Franz Liszt“ Weimar. At the age of 16, he furthered his studies with Prof. Florian Richter at the „Highschool of Music Schloss Belvedere Weimar“. Since October 2019, he has been studying the viola with Prof. Pauline Sachse at the University of Music in Lübeck. Marvin has also received masterclasses from distinguished professors, including Prof. Thomas Selditz, Prof. Nils Mönkemeyer, Prof. Ulrich Knörzer, Prof. Danusha Waskiewicz, Prof. Hartmuth Rohde, Prof. Thomas Riebl, Prof. Gerhard Schulz and Prof. Barbara Westphal.
He has given concerts as a soloist, performing in renowned concert halls such as the Berlin Philharmonic, Musikverein Vienna, Elbphilharmonie Hamburg, Festspielhaus Baden-Baden and Konzerthaus Berlin. He has also participated in many public broadcasts and concert series, including the Brahms Festival, Young Euro Classic, “südtirol festival – merano.meran” and Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, at the lunchtime concerts of the Berlin Philharmonic and in 2021 together with the Bergische Symphoniker at the “Marler Debut”.
Marvin is a scholarship holder of the Deutsche Stiftung Musikleben, the Ad Infinitum Foundation, the Oscar and Vera Ritter Foundation, the Jütting Stiftung, the Ernst Siemens Musikstiftung and the state of Saxony-Anhalt. He plays on a viola made by the Voller Brothers ca. 1900, which is being made available to him through a private sponsor.
- Instrument: Viola
- Birthday: September 16th 1999
- Place of birth: Germany
• 2022 first prize in the “Concourse International Nouvelles Étoiles”
• 2022 special prize for the best interpretation of a contemporary work at the “International Anton Rubinstein Competition” in Düsseldorf
• 2022 second prize in the “Vienna Classical Music Competition”
• 2020 young talent prize from the Chursächsische Philharmonic Orchestra
• 2020 second prize in the “International Kings Peak Competition”
• 2019 First prize at the Jugend Musiziert competition for the viola solo rating. In addition, a special prize for the highest score in his category
• 2017 2 First federal prizes at the competition “Jugend musiziert
• 2007-2014 First prizes at the competition Jugend Musiziert at regional and state levels every year.
• 2023 exchange Semester at the Haute école de musique de Genève with Prof. Maté Szücs
• 2022 exchange Semester at the University Mozarteum Salzburg with Prof. Veronika Hagen
• since 2019, Study at the Academy of Music Lübeck with Prof. Pauline Sachse
• 2014-2019 Viola lessons at Highschool of Music Schloss Belvedere Weimar with Prof. Erich Krüger, Prof. Ditte Leser and Prof. Florian Richter
• 2004-2016 Conservatory “Georg Friedrich Händel” Halle (Saale)