Luxemburgish violinist Line Faber performs regularly as a soloist and chamber musician in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy and the UK. Born in 1996, Line started playing at the age of 4 and a few years later started studying with Leonid Kerbel in Brussels. In 2015 Line entered the Royal College of Music in London in the class of Mark Messenger. She is currently taking her Masters in Performance degree at the RCM as a Sir John Stratton Scholar.
She has won prizes and awards in various competitions and has been working in masterclasses with Yair Kless, Dora Schwarzberg, Ivry Gitlis, Isabelle van Keulen, Stephan Barratt-Due, Alina Ibragimova, Marc Danel, Ulf Wallin and György Pauk.
More recently she had the privilege to perform Beethoven’s Violin Concerto with the RCM Symphony Orchestra in an orchestral masterclass conducted by Maxim Vengerov.
As a passionate chamber musician Line has participated in various chamber music Festivals such as Musica MundiInternational Chamber Music Festival in Belgium, MusethicaFestival in Spain, Chipping Campden Festival, to name a few. She has had the privilege to perform alongside the Harlem Quartet, Trio Apaches and Nicola Benedetti. She received coaching from Julian Rachlin, Renaud Capuçon and the Altenberg Trio Wien.
Since 2019 she is a member of the European Union Youth Orchestra.
Line plays an 18th Century violin made by Lorenzo Storioni generously on loan from a private individual.
- Instrument: Violin
- Birthday: April 12th 1996
- Place of birth: Luxembourg
- Sir John Stratton Scholarship Recipient
- RCM Bach Prize
- RCM String Quartet Competition with the Artha Quartet: Helen Just & Susan Connell Prize and The Sacconi Quartet Prize
- Jacob Barnes Award
- First Prize and Gold Medal at the 33rdLuxembourg Competition for Young Soloists
- 19th Jeunesses International Music Competition, Bucharest. Laureate
- Royal College of Music London (RCM) – Masters in Performance with Mark Messenger
2015 – 2019:
- Royal College of Music London – Bachelor of Music with Mark Messenger and Radu Blidar
2014 – 2015:
- Royal Conservatory of Brussels – Bachelor of Music with Leonid Kerbel
2011 – 2012:
- Royal Conservatory of Brussels – Young Talent with Leonid Kerbel
- Leonid Kerbel
Schumann Violin Sonata A Minor
Fauré Violin Sonata in A Major