Dušan Kostić first had piano lessons when he was seven. From the age of twelve he studied in Ćuprija with Prof. Aleksandar Blagojevic from 2008 to 2014 at the Special School for musically gifted children, at the Belgrade Music Academy in 2015 and the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad from 2016. He also received valuable encouragement from Roman Patkolo, Janne Saksala, Thomas Martin, Amerigo Bernardi, Ander Perrino, Klaus Trumpf, Peter Lloyd, Artem Chirkov and among others.
Dušan has performed with many orchestras, including the Sinfónica Juvenil de Caracas, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra , Ljubljana International Orchestra, The World Orchestra, Sistema Europe Youth Orchestra, Belgrade Radio Symphony Orchestra, CEI European Youth Orchestra, Ćuprija Chamber Orchestra, Bolshoi Festival Orchestra, Chamber Ensemble Metamorphosis, New Belgrade Opera, Neue Internationale Philharmonie, Vojvodina Symphony Orchestra. He is the Assistant Principal double bass in Classical Concert Chamber Orchestra and Principal Double bass in Andreas Makris Symphony Orchestra under conductor Predrag Gosta.
He had the opportunity to perform with conductors such as Gustavo Dudamel, Danielle Gatti, Uroš Lajovic, Emil Tabakov, Klaus Arp, Sergey Smbatyan, Konrad Von Abel, Živa Ploj Peršuh, Josep Vicent, Yoel Gamzou, Igor Coretti, Dietrich Paredes, Bruno Campo, Bojan Suđić, Predrag Gosta, Srboljub Dinić and with renowned soloists Gregory Ahss, Alexandar Gilman, Lana Trotovsek, Gordan Nikolić, Konstantin Phiz, Ashot Tigranyan and Roman Simović.
He performed in the top concert halls in Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Austria, United States of America, Switzerland, Slovenia, Liehtenstein, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Egypt, Singapore, Israel, Oman, Hong Kong, Jordan, Slovakia, United Arap Emirates, Czech Republic and Serbia.
- Instrument: Double Bass
- Birthday: August 17th 1995
- Place of birth: Serbia
- Special prize from Serbian president for best results in 2013 and 2014
- Serbia National Competition, Laureat prize
- Dittersdorf International Competition, Slovakia, 2nd prize
- Stringfest Sremska Mitrovica Serbia, 1st special prize (for category viola,cello,double bass)
- International String Competition Nis, 1st prize
- Petar Konjovic Competition, 1st prize
- Serbia National Competition, 1st prize
- Belgrade Youth Competition, 1st prize
- Bachelor study at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad in the double bass class of Ivica Marušević
2014 – 2015:
- Music Academy in Belgrade
2008 – 2014:
- School for musically gifted children in Ćuprija, Serbia in the double bass class of Aleksandar Blagojević
- Ćuprija Music School, piano department